Friday, July 07, 2006


We (Becky and Simon) have just done the maddest thing in our lives - we have sunk just about everything we own into buying this house on the beautiful Greek island of Corfu...

This is mad as neither of us are in the best of health (I have MS, and my husband ME) or the first flush of youth; 41 and 48 respectively! I only work part time, and Simon is my househusband. We are also parents to a teenage daughter, Emily, who still has her education to complete.

This has been our dream for some time, but in May we found THE house, a huge (to us) building in a sturdy but rustic condition, but with that essential, potential! So, in a haze of Mythos and Metaxa, we had an offer accepted - Monday 3rd July, the house was ours - OH MY GOD WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

/>href="http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/index.asp?partner=netWeather">Weather
Forecasts
| href="http://wwwa.accuweather.com/maps-satellite.asp?partner=netWeather">Weather
Maps
| href="http://wwwa.accuweather.com/index-radar.asp?partner=netWeather">Weather
Radar

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky and Simon,
I really enjoyed reading your 'blogger'. Our house is upside down too. Thanks to you I will now impress our friends with my little bit of greek when I tell them our house is an 'Ano Kato House'!
I'll be popping in regularly to keep up with your chatter:-)
Good luck and all the best to you both in your new adventure.
Eileenxx

11:09 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks, Eileen! Once the build gets under way, I'll be posting more often...so watch this space!

2:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becks ,
Really enjoyed looking , will pop in now and then to see what's new.Good look , keep us posted...lol...........Johnxx

6:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky
Your website is very good and we, both Dave and I will be keeping an eye as you develope your property.
You are way ahead of us. we have only just bought our land. but you have given me an idea of how to document our own as we start the build.
keep up the hard work and maybe if you stop laughing at kassiopi Harbour as John moor's his boat? you might just get your house finished?......lol
Take care..love Kerry and Dave x

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kalimera!

I like your blog. I wish you the best about your new house. I hope soon your dream will be a reality!!

6:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, and congratulations on your purchase.

We have lived in Corfu for 13 years, and my husband is disabled. We manage just fine, and I am sure you will too.Follow your dream and enjoy Greek life as much as we do.

We live at Palaiokastritsa, but are looking to move shortly. Still don't have enough to buy anything decent, but we can find plenty to rent here.

Best wishes

Janet and John
jjdarbey@gmail.com

1:27 pm  
Blogger sibadd said...

Please write some more! Sibadd

1:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home